Optimal Birthing Experience
To provide you with the optimal birthing experience, you will labor, deliver and recover in your own private suite with all of the comforts of home. Pain management options are available to you for your comfort. Our Labor & Delivery Suites feature a glider chair, couch, telephone, DVD player, massage pads, full bathroom with whirlpool and shower, music options, comfort lighting, as well as, equipment for your birth, such as OBIX fetal monitoring system, birthing bars and birthing balls. We encourage the opportunity for your baby to experience the benefits of skin-to-skin contact and early attachment by your baby rooming in. Some of the benefits for baby include easier breathing, stable blood sugars, natural progression towards breastfeeding and warmth. While together, you will quickly learn your babies needs and how best to care for, soothe, and comfort your newborn.
One to one nursing care is provided for you and your baby 24 hours a day. Breastfeeding and baby care is offered, as well as lactation consulting throughout your stay.
Your Maternity Care Team
What To Expect At Your Clinic Visit
Initial Labs, Physical Exam, Dating Ultrasound
Quad Screen and Ultrasound
Glucose Screening: at this time, your clinic nurse will coordinate with the labor & delivery staff to schedule a tour and initial breastfeeding education.
TDAP Vaccine, GBS Screening and Rhogam if needed
Visits every 2 weeks
Every pregnancy and every patient is unique – therefore, additional testing may be done throughout the pregnancy. Our providers will work closely with you and your family on an individual basis. Close communication is maintained with our Maternity Care Team.
What To Bring
- Favorite pillow
- Robe, slippers, going-home clothes
- Lip gloss/balm
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, lotion, oils, shampoo/conditioner)
- Focal point (picture, locket, stuffed animal)
- Favorite music
- Phone numbers
- Baby book
- Nursing bras
- Money for cafeteria
- Food/beverages from home can be stored in the OB Refrigerator
- Car seat
- Baby clothes and blanket
Fine Dining Experience
To celebrate the birth of your child, Olivia Hospital & Clinic offers the following menu for a fine dining experience in your room.
- Chicken Kiev on a bed of long grain wild rice, served with California blend vegetables.
- Kansas City Ribs served with baked potato and capri blend vegetables.
- Chicken Alfredo served with sesame aspargus and garlic toast.
- Grilled Skewered Shrimp served with roasted potatoes and Parmesan broccoli.
- Mini Cheesecakes, Hot Fudge Cake, Cheesecake with Toppings