Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Here for you and ready to help. If you need care, don’t delay. We’re open, safe and ready to care for you. During this time, it’s especially important to seek care for symptoms that concern you as well as manage chronic conditions.
Care is available in many ways , including video visits. You can talk with your doctor and receive the same personalized care, expert answers and a treatment plan tailored to you. We are also offering in-person visits, phone visits and our 24/7 online clinic.
Schedule an appointment online or call 1-800-916-1836.
We’re also offering convenient COVID-19 drive-up testing at several locations across our care system. Take our online screening to determine if you should be tested. For more information on COVID-19, visit our COVID-19 information page.
Drive-Thru Testing Station
Current visitor guidelines
Olivia Hospital & Clinic and HealthPartners recommends that no visitors are currently allowed at our hospital with the following exceptions:
- For newborn, special care nursery and pediatric patients: Parents and/or legal guardians
- For birth center patients: One support person
- Surgical patients: minors with a parent are allowed. Adult patients, please have your driver drop you at the entrance and return for pick up when you are discharged.
- For compassionate care patients (end-of-life patients): 2 visitors per patient will be allowed. Hospital discretion used for other exceptions.
All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. If you are sick, you will not be allowed to assist patients. We’re encouraging visitors to find other ways to connect with their loved ones, such as FaceTime, Skype or phone.
Olivia Hospital & Clinic and HealthPartners recommends that no visitors are currently allowed at our clinics with the following exceptions:
- Pediatric Patients: One parent or guardian
- Patients who require the assistance of a caregiver or attendant: One person
- Please do not bring children or infants to an adult patient appointment