IS MORE THAN AN IDEA.
IT'S A CONCRETE PLAN FOR THE HEALTH OF OUR COUNTY.
We’re better together, and Revolution Wellness is designed to bring us together as a community by helping each of us embrace a healthy, active lifestyle. By doing so through mindful decisions, better choices and support of one another, we’ll create an inclusive community of wellness that’s good for all of us.
And we’re going to help each other get there.
HOW DO YOU TALK ABOUT HEALTH AND ILLNESS AT HOME?
To truly revolutionize how we think about wellness, we need to shift our mindset toward health and make adjustments to our daily lives. This includes making it okay to share our health stories and talk about uncomfortable topics. Health is personal, but support from others is essential.
WHERE DO YOU LEARN ABOUT WELLNESS?
Here’s where the rubber meets the road and where we create specific strategies to address specific community health needs. Every decision we make, every plan we pursue will be rooted in data, so everything we do will be proven to work. Our focus in these areas will include:
- Learning skills to overcome stress and thrive.
- Offering young people health-related work experiences locally.
- Conditions to experience wellness like housing and food access.
- Educating our community about wellness.
We want a health and wellness hub for each and every one of us in our communities. A place to gather for education, for socialization, and for wellness.
How can we move beyond the walls of healthcare together?
How can you more deeply contribute vitality to the community?
WELLNESS CENTER FAST FACTS.
We understand that to effectively manage the health of a population, healthcare organizations must continue to move upstream within the healthcare continuum to affect patient lifestyle changes and address the social determinants of health in concert with providing quality clinical care.
We conducted a series of community conversations to help define wellness, identify motivation and barriers to wellness, and determine opportunities to improve wellness. Our work gave rise to “Revolution Wellness” as a conceptual model for strategic thinking to improve community wellness in Renville County through collective impact.
Central to the “Revolution Wellness” concept is the community-defined need for a Wellness Center to act as a hub of wellness and social activity, un-biased information, and coordinated lifestyle programming to connect our community.
The wellness center should be an expansive space that naturally facilitates the following experiences.
- Nutrition and Eating: meal preparation, cooking demonstrations, access to healthy food in community, access to healthy food in the wellness center
- Movement and Exercise: walking track, studio space, exercise machines, functional movement space, therapy pool, yoga, dance, quality trainers and teachers
- Lifestyle Change: hands-on experiences for education to learn nutrition, movement, mindfulness, cultural understanding, parenting, finances, worksite and employee wellness
- Integrative Therapies: rehabilitation, physical therapy, support for mental health, emotional therapy, meditation, mindfulness, massage, acupuncture, aromatherapy, sound therapy, reflexology
- Unbiased Resources: physical hub and meeting space, insurance navigator, advance directives, healthcare navigator, local directory, community screenings, free clinics, immunizations
WELLNESS IN EVERY DECISION
SIMPLE CHOICES TODAY FOR A HEALTHIER TOMORROW
The wellness center would offer healthcare services through Olivia Hospital & Clinic. Regulations require these services to be performed within 250 yards of the medical facility to be considered on campus.
The Wellness Center will be funded through a combination of hospital revenues, grants and donations. The Wellness Center will NOT be funded with Renville County taxes. Exploration of a variety of business models are being explored to determine ownership structure.
The Wellness Center will serve our patients, their families, residents of Renville County and beyond.
Allowing our community to experience and transform. Innovation and collaboration to enhance the health and wellness of our community. Connecting our communities and enhancing economic growth. Retention of community members and destination for newcomers. Leadership and role-models for other rural communities.
The wellness center could act as a project springboard for collaboration in
community initiatives like a produce food truck, transportation solutions, safe walking and biking, and worksite wellness. Also cited were ideas to supplement healthcare like home visiting, transitions out of physical therapy, health fairs and free screening events. The wellness center could also be a hub to convene and help volunteers refresh and stay rejuvenated. Connections to community-based organizations will drive outreach to engage with newcomers and residents.
“If you want to keep people here, you need to offer them a reason to stay.”
The Vision, The Voice -Memorable Quote
- Community members utilizing public transportation to walk at the Hutchinson Wal-Mart
- Community members walking Dollar General stores for not only exercise, but to socialize.
- Residents driving several miles to utilize other area community centers.
- Early childhood students, head start students and daycares taking field trips outside of our communities since our communities cannot provide an experience like that.
- What are the options for our youth during the evenings or weekends?
- What are the options for families to “play” together?
- What are the options for the grandkids when they come back to our communities to see their grandparents?
- What does our community offer for our active aging adults?
- What will attract our younger generation to return? What will attract our older generation to retire here? What will attract new families to our communities?
- Where is the gathering space for our active aging adults? Not only to socialize but also to receive a meal and benefit from wellness activities.
- Where does our patients with life-threatening or chronic illness and their care givers go to explore and experience healing approaches?
- We don’t want to disappoint our communities.