Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 3:00 PM
Olivia Hospital & Clinics along with Renville County Public Health is currently preparing for a potential COVID-19 outbreak in our communities. We are working closely with the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
How to limit the spread and protect yourself from COVID-19
- Stay home and away from others if you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face throughout the day.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
- Fever (100.4)
- Shortness of breath
The virus that causes COVID-19 is spread primarily by respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to how influenza is spread. It can also spread when people touch surfaces that have been contaminated by an infected person and then touch their eyes, nose or mouth.
More information about coronavirus can be found on MDH’s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) website. MDH has set up a COVID-19 public hotline that is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The hotline number is 651-201-3920.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 we recommend that you start a eClinic visit.
Signs include fever (100.4 or higher), cough, and shortness of breath – AND
- You have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19
- You have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 (including areas in the United States known to have a high number of COVID-19 cases)
Before seeking care in-person, please call ahead at 800-916-1836.