Section 504 Notice of Program Accessibility
HealthPartners and all of its programs, facilities and activities are accessible to and useable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or who have other sensory impairments. Access features include:
- Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons.
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings.
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors.
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient care rooms.
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
- A twenty-four hour (24) telecommunication device (VRS public booths and VRS capable tablets, for example) to make internal and outgoing calls
- Readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials or equivalent for the visually impaired
- Flash cards, alphabet boards and other communication boards or equivalent
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills
If you require any of the aids listed above, please let one of our team members know.
Accessibility on oliviahospital.com
Olivia Hospital & Clinic makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows oliviahospital.com to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The oliviahospital.com accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Olivia Hospital & Clinic continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on oliviahospital.com fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on oliviahospital.com or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact oliviahospital.com Customer Support as follows: